Everything is better bite-sized.
Back in 2012, I started a small cupcake business out of my home as a fundraiser for a school trip. Since then, it’s become more of just a fun hobby instead of a selling point, but I wanted to share with you one of my favorite homemade recipes - my chocolate cupcakes!
I designed the recipe myself based on my chocolate lovin’ family. It’s definitely super rich and for chocolate lovers!
I think these cupcakes are perfect for holidays, birthdays, and any fall picnics you might have coming up. I love to make them as minis as the perfect bite sized dessert for a luncheon at my office. They're definitely a crowd pleaser!
Double Chocolate Cupcakes
Serves: 1 dozen bakery size, or 2 dozen minis
Prep. Time: 5 to 15 minutes
Cook Time: 18 to 20 minutes
2 cups flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup oil
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk or buttermilk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1. Cream butter in mixer, add sugar. Mix together until well blended.
2. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each one.
3. Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl, and all other wet ingredients in another.
4. Add one third of the dry mix and one third of the wet mix into the mixer that has the butter and sugar. Mix until blended. Keep adding until all ingredients are mixed in.
5. Pour batter into liners about 2/3 full, and pop 'em in the oven! Bake at 350 for 18 to 20 minutes.
1. Cream butter and milk in mixer.
2. Add cocoa powder and blend.
3. Adding one cup at a time, mix in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
4. Pipe onto your cooled cupcakes.
I love feedback on my recipes, so feel free to shoot me an email or Instagram message on if you loved them or not!